Monday, September 21, 2009

IF YOU HAD ANY DOUBT LEFT that the anti-smoking laws have nothing to do with any damage cause by smokers to other people, but are a step further in the road to politicians controlling everything:
Calling soda the new tobacco, San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom will introduce legislation this fall that would charge a fee to retailers that sell sugary beverages.
Exactly how does drinking a Coke damage anyone else?
First they came for the smokers, and I didn't speak out -- because I wasn't a smoker.

Then they came for the soda drinkers, and I didn't speak out -- because I don't drink soda.

Then they came for the people who eat burgers, and I didn't speak out -- because I don't eat meat.

Then they came for the CO2 emitters, and I didn't speak out -- because I don't have a car.

Then they came for people who criticize the governement -- and there was no one left to speak out for me.